Factory Euro "City Light" operation??

> How are the City lights wired in on European cars?

European cars don't have parking lights.. they use city lights instead and
they operate just like parking lights. They're on when the headlight
switch is at its first or second "on" position.

The euro turn signals use single filament bulbs instead of dual filament
bulbs. That's because the turn signals are strictly turn signals. They
don't even have a parking light "ability".

I believe white city lights are legal as parking lights here in the USA
since the law calls for either white or amber parking lights and city
lights are white unless you change the bulbs to some goofy color.

Personally I like the USA-style amber markers so I have my city lights
wired up seperately to a 3-position factory fog light switch. The first
position is city lights and the second position is my rear fog light. I
figure if I have my rear fog light on I will probably have my headlights
on as well, so the city lights being on won't affect anything.

-Toby