more tranny crap from me

> still working on the agb, but slowly because i have exams to study for
> : (    anyway, i cannot get the old oil seal to come out on one side.
> prying with a crow bar just folds the innner part out a little and i am
> afraid of putting too much force in and scratching the inside so the new
> one wont seal.  how should i go about removing it?

Tony,

I'll assume you're talking about the drive flange seals..

The trick I discovered is to get a punch and a hammer and alternate
between pounding on one side of the seal and prying up on the other. This
always works for me in 5 - 30 seconds whereas I used to do the "pry
carefully with screwdriver" method that took forever and risked scratching
the sealing surface of the tranny. One time I think I even got the seal to
pop right out with just one hard tap on it with a punch.

Good luck with your exams.. I'm in the same boat.

-Toby