16v Valve gasket

It's real easy..

Just pull the upper manifold (no need to remove lower intake). Disconnect
throttle cable and throttle body electrical switches, vacuum lines, etc.
Unbolt the supports at the back of the upper manifold, then the five (?)
bolts connecting the two halves of the manifold (upper/lower). Then remove
the 6 - 8 bolts around the edge of the valve cover and the 2 - 3 allen
head in the middle. Knock the valve cover free with a mallet and you're
ready to change the gasket.

Clean all the sealing surfaces touching the gaskets with carb cleaner or
brake cleaner. They must be squeaky clean, with no oily residue, or the
new valve cover gasket won't seal.

Clean the valve cover while it's off. If the old gasket is brittle it may
snap off rather than come out easily. Just peel the rest up with a putty
knife or your fingertips.

Be sure that no debris gets in to your head while you have the cover off.
This goes for dust, twigs, paper towel fibers, everything. Don't get carb
cleaner in there either because it will take away the lubricating
properties of your oil. Just spray the cleaner on a rag or paper towel and
wipe down the sealing surfaces with the towel.

It's important that you line up the spark plug hole gasket in the center
of the valve cover properly so that your plug wire holes don't have any
gasket buldging out in to them. If they do, then you will have a difficult
time getting your spark plugs and/or spark plug sockets out of the spark
plug recesses later on. You might also end up with an oil leak there (not
good, eats your plug wire ends)

Torque properly and in the right order on reassembly. Use a new gasket for
the upper intake to lower intake junction. Double check that you
re-connected all the vacuum and electrical then take it for a spin. Check
for leaks afterwards..

HTH

-Toby