Holy Moly

The Quaife kicks more ass the more slilppery it gets. Aside from on glare
ice (where the coefficent of friction might as well be zero), there is
always traction on snow and ice -often plenty of it. You simply have to run
the proper tires. If we're talking about street or rally driving, you'll
wonder how you ever lived without it. For an ice racer, the welded diff is
awesome. I speak from direct experience with the Quaife and indirectly with
the welded unit.

P.S. Toby's point about using the brakes is also valid. I discovered that
while rallying up in Maine one year. I nailed a rock with the driver's side
front tire which then promptly tore into shreds. All of a sudden I had what
felt like intermittant NWD (no wheel drive). However, by riding the brake a
wee bit, I was able to get the good tire to hook up consistently. -still
sucked, though... :^)
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut