Starter stuff

Well, the free electron post got me thinking.  My car has always had a slow
starter when the car sits for more than about 10 hours.  In the morning
(outside temp doesn't change things), I turn the key and the first turn
over is real slow.  Makes me thing it is not going to start, but after one
revolution, things spin the way they should.  It did the same thing when I
put on a different starter and also after my engine swap.  If I come out to
my car after work (8-10 hours), it fires right up.  I Do you think it is
just a grounding issue?  My thinking is that if it was the ground, the
starter would turn slow all of the time, or at least at cold start ups.
 Any ideas?

Kervin
86 Scirocco 8v 2.0 p&p 4k+80% and lots of other numbers and letters
88 GTI 16v Still sitting and it's winter time now
00 tt600