Hmmm Think Airflow

Brian Wagner wrote:

> Has anyone ever taken the CIS boots off a Jetta 16v GLi(the ones with
> the plastic pipe in between), and modded them say with an ABD 3" tube?
> I think this would work to increase airflow to the TB. Yes and I know
> the TB is on the opposite side.
>
> LMK what you think and if it is worth it I may try it on my 16v.
>
> Brian

What you describe has been called 'the Sewer Pipe Mod". Folks have done
it without the GLI boots but sounds like they might be larger diameter
as well.

Keep in mind velocity is affected by diameter, too large might make for
some turbulence. I'm thinking high end vs low end (RPM) issues might
make themselves known.

 TBerk