Battery in a Box - What about venting fumes?

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 07:51:23AM -0800, L F wrote:

>    TB-  Don't think I've ever seen a CAR battery with a vent tube. They
>    all have had vents in the cell caps.

The one I use in the BMW most certainly does... and I'm pretty sure the
one in my 'roc does as well, it's just not hooked to anything.

>    Batteries really don't put
>    out enough H2 to worry about...just keep the sparks/flames more than
>    three feet away from them...

The venting isnt for the hydrogen so much as for catching and collecting
any acid that might spill.  That stuff will eat through your trunk pretty
quick if you let it.

Dan