Bad Car-ma and WTB: Non-A/C Alt Bracket (kind long rant)

--0-971802401-1038792344=:19128

Man - what else can go wrong?

You all pretty much know what happened to my 16v, but things looked slightly brighter after the 17th when Dick and Raffi helped me pull the rear enough to allow the trunk to close properly - at least it bought me some time with the wet months coming up...

Came out from work on Wednesday all ready to enjoy my holiday weekend when I noticed that one of my rear tires was flat with a nice-sized screw lodged in the tread (gotta be my sixth or seventh in the last year). Pull out the doughnut and found that that was flat too...  >:(   Haven't had time during the weekend to get the tire fixed because the wife's parents are visiting....

So I've been driving the cabby for the last couple of days - it had proved to be pretty reliable until today when the AC compressor finally froze for good (taking two belts with it...)   ____ I still think A/C in a convertible is an oxymoron___   BUt since the A/C was completely broken before I got it, I might as well take it out.

Does anyone have a non-A/C alt bracket laying around they could throw my way?

[end rant]

Hope everyone had a great Turkey Day!

JT

--0-971802401-1038792344=:19128

<P>Man - what else can go wrong?</P>
<P>You all pretty much know what happened to my 16v, but things looked slightly brighter after the 17th when Dick and Raffi helped me pull the rear enough to allow the trunk to close properly - at least it bought me some time with the wet months coming up...</P>
<P>Came out from work on Wednesday all ready to enjoy my holiday weekend when I noticed that one of&nbsp;my rear tires was flat with a nice-sized screw lodged in the tread (gotta be my sixth or seventh in the last year). Pull out the doughnut and found that that was flat too...&nbsp; &gt;:(&nbsp;&nbsp; Haven't had time during the weekend to get the tire fixed because the wife's parents are visiting....</P>
<P>So I've been driving the cabby for the last couple of days - it had proved to be pretty reliable until today when the AC compressor finally froze for good (taking two belts with it...)&nbsp; &nbsp;____&nbsp;I still think A/C in a convertible is an oxymoron___&nbsp;&nbsp; BUt since the A/C was completely broken before I got it, I might as well take it out. </P>
<P>Does anyone have a non-A/C alt bracket laying around they could throw my way?&nbsp; </P>
<P>[end rant]</P>
<P>Hope everyone had a great Turkey Day!</P>
--0-971802401-1038792344=:19128--