my car is humming...

sounds like front wheel bearings...

=>-----Original Message-----
=>From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
=>[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Ben Bell
=>Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2002 2:44 PM
=>To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
=>Subject: my car is humming...
=>
=>...and I don't think it's because it's happy.  When I get to about 30mph
=>my car starts to hum in the right front and the hum changes pitch up to
=>about 65mph and then it starts to quiet down.  I was wondering if any of
=>you had an idea as to what my problem might be.  The hum is loud enough
=>that it can't be ignored and it makes my passengers nervous.  Where
=>should I look and what should I see?  I'm going to put a new water pump
=>in tomorrow and I'll have all day to check things out, so advice given
=>today would be much appreciated!
=>
=>TIA,
=>Ben