recap -clutch , computer's screwed]

T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> wrote:
Cathy Boyko wrote:
> =

> Hey folks, just thought I'd let ya know my computer's messed up (using =
Mac
> right now...). So if you don't hear back from me, I'm not snubbing you,=
 I'm
> just offline. Thanks for all the clutch advice, none of the options see=
m to
> fit, flywheel was turned last time around, I guess I'll know more when =
it
> comes apart. Cathy
> =

Tell what the trouble is.

TBerk

Computer: Really nasty virus, attacked the motherboard/ hard drive, neede=
chips reflashed, bios reset, etc, from what I am told (I really know noth=
ing
about computers) Initial symptom was failure to recognize it had the hard=

drive, a bit of a problem. Anyway, I once again have an empty hard drive =
fill back up (formatted).

Clutch: Once again, nothing much,  just plain worn out, evenly too, and d=
ry, (
no oil/gear oil contamination) - not down to the rivets this time, just d=
own
to where the friction disc no longer has those little relief grooves. Mar=
k's
shop turned it and it had been a tiny amount out of spec , but not that m=
uch,
not sure if that was a contributing factor, I'm thinking the sticky track=
 at
Grand Bend (and hoping "massive power") was the more likely cause. (kiddi=
ng
about the "massive power" BTW). Anyway, the car is still apart, flywheel =
is
lightened and balanced ( 13g out of balance BTW, quite a bit) and my comp=
uter
works, so things are coming along well. I'll keep you posted on how the n=
ew
clutch feels, the new one last summer was a huge improvement, so I'm sure=
 this
will be better than the previous worn out one too. Too bad I have to retu=
rn to
work soon so I can't drive it as much.

Cathy