From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Michael Abatzis
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 8:02 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: [tech]: dropping an engine w/o a hoist?

i'm thinking about doing some parting this weekend; i think once i get the
engine out i'll feel like i'm accomplishing something. anyway, i have no
engine lift and am wondering the best way to get it out. drop out the bottom
obviously, but how? i'm thinking about some rope wrapped a couple of times
around a pair of 2x4s (like you can do with the tranny), with a jack
underneath. lower the jack all the way, and use the 2x4s for the rest. or
actually i can just prop the 2x4s on something, and use 2 people to lower it
the rest of the way, if that makes any sense. keep in mind the car is
wrecked, so breaking things isn't a huge concern. and no, i don't have a
sawzall...tia,

-Michael Abatzis
Hotlanta! GA
1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP-->parting, web site up soon!
1987 Scirocco 2L 16v...