**real** jack points (fixing, that is)

PB-
  I don't think the problem is so much bending an axle as putting stress on
the pivot points that they were not designed to cope with.
Normally all pivot stress is in a horizontal direction (fore/aft).  Lifting
the car by the axle puts the weight of the rear half of the car on the
pivots in a vertical direction.  May be okay, may not....

Larry

> I never used teh jack points on the prowler, but they are
> messed (folded) like you mentioned, Since I have had the
> car I jack the front from the mounting point of the sway
> bar, and lift the rear axle in the back (yteah yeah I
> know it will bend... still is perfect alignment in the
> back since 1985... it will not change...
>
> --
> ====
> ATS - Patrick Bureau

Introducing NetZero Long Distance