From: <Captnbr@aol.com>
To: <Scirocco-L@scirocco.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2002 7:45 PM
Subject: Dealer gouging

> Ok here is the deal.  I take my Jetta in to get the oil change at the
dealer (They had a coupon for $22.00 oil change)  The filter alone costs me
12 dollars so I said what the hell.  A week later my car develops a severe
power steering leak.  Took it back to the dealer turns out to need a new
power steering rack.  Its under warranty so I don't care right.  After 2
weeks of having the car back, the A/C starts to blow not too cold.  I take
it back, they change the Compressor, expansion valve, and the dryer.  Now,
after a week of having the car back I am noticing that the engine feels
loose as if an engine mount is broken.  Back to the dealer the car is
getting new engine mounts.  I have a feeling my dealer is gouging VWOA out
of money to do service work on my car.  They figure that the customer won't
complain too much because I am getting free work and parts on the car, they
are renting me a car.  Meanwhile there are doing big ticket jobs and billing
VW for them.  Probably 1000 bucks for the steering job, maybe 1200 for the
A/C job, and now like 300 for the mounts.  But I really think something
fishy is going on here.  I am hoping this is the last time they are going to
use my car as a way to get some money from VW.