lift oversteer

--- The Hitman <vwscir88@hotmail.com> wrote:
> alighnment should be dead on to factory specs. i
> just had the car aligned (i
> don't do it myself).

Unless the car is bent or you have a flat tire, your
car probably isn't anywhere near "true" oversteer.
Many of us run settings that are much more twitchy
than yours...and they're still not truly twitchy.
Pretty much the best any street suspension can do on a
nose-heavy FWD car is reduce understeer and promote
some trailing-throttle oversteer. You want to feel
real oversteer? Drive a Miata or an MR2 Spyder. I got
my first taste of "real" sports cars on an autocross
track a few weeks ago. I've done tons of work to make
my 16v handle better. The Miata/MR2 are worlds
better...stock.

Scott's right. Try getting to know the car a bit. Take
it to an autocross or two where you can safely push
the limits without wrecking. Abruptly lifting the
throttle or (heaven forbid!) stabbing the brakes at
75mph in a cloverleaf will absolutely get you into
trouble in a well-tuned FWD car. If you're going to
drive that fast, you need to be smooth and look far
enough ahead so that you don't need to do something
that sudden. The only way to avoid trailing-throttle
oversteer is to put on a big front swaybar or small
rear swaybar...in which case you simply won't be able
to corner at 75mph at all. :)

Neal