has anyone ever traded a car before?

I've done it. I will never do it again. I traded a $900 16v Scirocco that
just bought for a 91 Eclipse GS (2L 16v, no turbo). What the guy failed to
mention was that the Mitsu had a bad tranny...

He was (keyword: was) a good friend and we were both into Scirocco's. Always
test drive the car before you trade for it. If he says it doesn't run, or
start or something, find out the *real* reason why. If he objects to a jump
start because he says it's just a dead battary, don't buy it.

-Craig
"Nightmare" '88 16v (PG-T Proj.)
"Calypso" '91 Golf GL (Daily Driver)