has anyone ever traded a car before?

i did this with my new rocc.  traded an a2 gti vr6 to get it.  my new car is
finally getting up to speed, but i think i got the bad end of the deal
there. that gti was sweeeet... anyway. advice: get a written list of
EVERYTHING wrong with the car.  have him agree to pay or whatever for
anything that he misses when you see the car. if the car is sight unseen, as
mine was, don't be afraid to walk away if the car isn't as he described.  my
car had a lot of little (and a couple of not so little) things wrong with it
that he didn't mention. when i brought it up with him, he kept saying, "what
do you expect? it's an 87..." or "what do you need heat in atlanta for?"
(seriously).  well, i expected it to be PERFECT, like he said it was. but
for sure get a list in writing, with recourse if it isn't as described.
what's this guy's name btw?
-michael