Home safe and sound...

Well it's been one crazy week for me.  After being in and out of the
hospital for several days with my first kidney stone, and experiencing
what many people have described as worse pain than childbirth, I
finally had an operation to remove it...  I can't believe something so
small could be so damn painful...

With only two days recovery, I took a bit of a chance driving down to
Virginia to pick up an 80 S from Kervin - but it all worked out ok.  I
didn't end up leaving until 5pm Saturday, and got back 2am last
night...  Total driving time (solo): 24.5 hours out of 33 since I left
Saturday!

The Charlottesville, Virginia area is one of the most beautiful areas
I've been to.  I wish I had more time to do some sightseeing, but I
still had a great trip!

The Jeep Grand Cherokee I borrowed pulled incredibly well - even
heading through Maryland on the 68E.  Steep enough grades that they
have runoff areas for runaway trucks...  At just under 15mpg average
my fuel costs were a bit more than I expected though...  What a bloated
pig!  The thing that floored me is that it made very little difference
on mileage, towing or not.  I guess moving that big "box" through the
air is more work than pulling it's own weight plus a load...

Anyways, thanks again Kervin, it was great to finally meet you!  You'll
have to come up to Cincy next year and see what I've done to "Ole
Paul"...  Plans are already in the works to get the body done over the
winter!

Mk1Mk
80 S
81 S