Fuel Flow Problems

Welcome to the list Louise! Nice to have another girl around :)
You could try several things.
1) Fuel pump (done)
2) Fuel Filter (drivers side eng comp)
3) Fuel Pressure regulator (On the front of the engine - 2 fuel lines run to
it) 6mm allen key bolts hold it on.. Clean the small screen behind the
incoming fuel line.

Also Where are you? There might be a lister near by that can come out and
look.

Good luck!

>From: "Louise McCormack" <louise_mccormack@hotmail.com>
>To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: Fuel Flow Problems
>Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 17:49:07 +0100
>
>Hi Everyone,
>
>My husband recently bought be a 1984 Scirocco 1.8 8V GL  I'm very happy
>with the car, apart from a recurring problem.  If you drive it for about 10
>minute, it starts to backfire and then cuts out totally.  After 5 minutes
>you can start it again, drive for 10 minutes and the same will happen.
>Unless you drive it hard, then it was cut out straight away :)
>
>My mechanic replaced the fuel pump which cured it, but after 500 miles it
>has started to do it again.  I'm wondering if contaminated fuel is wreaking
>the pump as the fuel tank is probably in a rough state.  Is this likely,
>and if so what are my options?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Louise
>---
>Looks Like A DeLorean A Bit -
>http://forums.eamonnobrien.com/YaBB.pl?board=general&action=display&num=1027071299Get
>more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

Julie Macfarlane
Web Developer
Albany NY
Charter Member "Scirocco Anonymous"
'85 8v-?? "Scarlett" (frankly, she doesn't give a d**n)
'81 16v-2Y "Animal"
ICQ: 7704980
http://216.153.141.3/scirocco/