Fuel Flow Problems

--- Louise McCormack <louise_mccormack@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> My husband recently bought be a 1984 Scirocco 1.8 8V GL
> I'm very happy with the car, apart from a recurring
> problem.  If you drive it for about 10 minute, it starts
> to backfire and then cuts out totally.  After 5 minutes
> you can start it again, drive for 10 minutes and the same
> will happen.  Unless you drive it hard, then it was cut
> out straight away :)

It sounds like the in-tank fuel pump - but we need to know
if your car has it or not.  (It was introduced mid-year
1984)  Easy way to check is to see if you have a full size
or 'space saver' spare tire.  If you've got the space
saver, you've got the in-tank pump.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon
For Sale: '82 Scirocco, '82 Pickup.
Parts cars:  '81 Scirocco, '87 Scirocco 16v - ASK!
"A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did?  Don't do that.'" - Douglas Adams