more questions about - conversion from points to elec. ign.,

Cmr446@cs.com wrote:

>    Can I still use the same plug wires in the 77'rocco now,  or do I need to
> get the same type as was in the cabriolet, with the metal sleeve over the
> spark plug?
>
> Carl
> 77rocco
> 89fox

Use whatever you like, the deciding factor will be the Dist cap with
it's pin or plug style connections.

Metal sleeve helps with radio interference though.

In any case lube the end a bit with dielectric grease to aid in
insertion, to avoid the spark from leaking out, and to help stave off
the two sticking  together.

TBerk
what did you _think_ I was talking about?