MK1 wiring question- conversion from points to elec. ign.

  So if I were to convert my 77's points ignition to electronic, I should
eliminate the starter signal wire, right?
  Also, if I remeber right, someone mentioned in a post not too long ago that
the resistance wire was white, or white and another color? I finally pulled a
non-k.s. electronic ignition today; distr., wires, and it's little brain. Of
the wires, a red/black lead runs from behind the fuse panel to a plastic
connector at the coil. On this same connector is a green wire that runs to
the module. A black wire goes from the opposite side of the coil to the
module as well.
  Should I run the red/black lead from the coil, to the same connection as
the on the points coil (power to the coil)?
  Donor car was an '89 cabriolet.

Carl
77rocco (back to the lift for more suspension work tomorrow)
89fox

In a message dated 8/21/02 6:40:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,