[Re: German engineering poll]

I forgot about that lights.  Just today at school
nearly forgot to turn off my lights on my Quantum.
Some kid drained his battery one time last week when
he left his lights on his Mustang.  Even though this
isn't really a favorite with many people I like that
the radio can be turned on when the car is off on
pre92 VW's since I usually have to wait in the car
sometimes.
Another thing I found out reading in the Quantum
Synrco boards was when if the key is not inserted in
the ignition there is a way to control the mirrors,
windows, and AC.  FIrst you have to turn on the lights
on low beams without a key, then hold the high beam
switich.  With the free hand you are able to control
the AC, Power mirrors, and powers windows without a
key.
--- Cathy Boyko <losinit@usa.net> wrote:
> I like the lock set up too, and the headlight
> switching is a good thing, I
> haven't made use of it so much on the Rocc, but have
> returned to the Jetta
> many times (back when I was driving it) to realize
> the headlights would have
> drained the battery on a normal car (and with only
> the parking lights on, the
> thing would fire right up).

=====
-Andrew Wong