Another Oil Pressure Problem

Hi all,

	Had something weird happen with the '86 16v this weekend.  I was sitting in
stop and go traffic and noticed the oil temp was up to about 120 - 125
(usually sits just under 110) and the oil pressure, according to the 5 bar
electrical gauge was reading about .3 bar (usually reads about .7 bar).
Water temp was just where it was supposed to be.  I hit some open road and
the oil temp dropped to about 118, but that was still high.  I'm running
20w-50 dino oil and a stock oil filter from Potterman, BTW.  This weekend,
I'm going to slap on a mechanical oil pressure gauge to make sure it's not a
faulty sender/gauge, but I'm not hopeful.  What are the odds that the
pressure and temp gauges started to die at the same time?  So, I'm thinking
oil pump, but am listened closely to the Rick's comments earlier this week
on sloppy bearings (rod bearings, right?) and oil squirter.  I'm a newbie to
an engine's bottom end, so is there anything else I should be looking at?
Can the oil pump, bearings and or oil squirter be dealt with while the
engine is in the car?  Any BTDTs that people want to share?  Thanks in
advance.

- Brad
'86.5 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
'76 International Scout II