German engineering poll

You know, you bring up a good point. Scirocco's evolved quite a lot from
75 to 88 and the simple fact is that adding features to a design that
was not originally concieved with those features in mind inevitably
involves a lot of compromise.
The power steering pump mounting, front swaybar mount brackets and a lot
of the 16V installation features (which I'm just now starting to get
familiar with) are all examples of added features were the design
engineer really didn't have a lot of options to create a clean design.
Partly, the old 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag.
Feature creep is a little bit of a sore spot with me since I'm asked to
do exactly this sort of design on a weekly basis.
Dan