Temps still getting too high

  Well, I'm still having my temps getting to high.
Here's the scoop
Did a ABA swap into a 86 8v Scirocco
The lower coolant hose looked collapsed so I replaced it with a OEM hose
The coolant overflow bottle seemed to be leaking (it was coming out of
the cap) so I replaced it with a new OEM one.
Thought the thermostat was not working, got a new one from Auto Zone and
tested it before I put it in.
Drilled a hole in the flange of the original thermostat put it back in.
Got a new radiator (the old one had a small crack in the plastic housing
that I fixed with JB weld, but it was bubbling underneath).
Filled the system first through the top hose from the radiator.  I
unhooked the hose from the radiator and poured the mix into the engine
first, hooked back the hose, and then filled the rest of the way through
the expansion tank.  I then ran the engine, until all the air bubbles
stopped coming into the expansion tank.

Each fix has produced the same results,  the car runs at a regular temp
when driven easy.  The temp climbs when the car is under a load.  It
doesn't have to be high RPM stuff, a very steep interstate grade at 3500
rpm will produce the same results as does 5 minutes of red line driving.
When I drive easy again, the temps come down in about 3 minutes.

When the temps go up, coolant comes up from under the cap.  As I sit
here, I wonder if I just need a new expansion tank cap.  Anyway, any
ideas?  By the way, I've got in a 4k with a 80% kit.  Let me tell you,
I feel like I'm on Mr. Toad's wild ride when i drop the hammer.

--
Kervin
80 1.7 8v Ole Paul sold to the great north