[Re: Headlight shield (was RE: Euro high beams?)]

Allyn <amalventano1@comcast.net> wrote:
> I like the idea of the lense sheild, but what breaks lenses are high
> velocity rocks, not the craps that fades th lense front. and as much as=

that
> plastic film (4mm thick) can try, a rock at 100+ MPH coming right at yo=
u,
> wil crack any headlight you got.

patrick, read the site:

"It will withstand a pellet rifle shot from 20 feet with absolutely no da=
mage
to the lens!"

that may not be a 100 mph rock, but its got me convinced enough to get so=
me of
that stuff. its the
fact that it absorbs some of the impact and spreads the rest over a large=
area (much larger than a
single point of impact).
Al

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger GTO Scirocco 16v (daily driver, 180k, rocco #6)
86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco GTX ('it has begun', rocco #7)
86.5 Occo 16v Trailer (dotting 'i's across the country, rocco #8)
87 Jetta 8v Wolfsburg 2dr (daily driver, 260k, 0 rattles, original clutch=
,
driveshafts, wheels :)

I've had it on the Beetle fogs for three years, and no breakage since, th=
ey
did break once prior to that and if it cushions the impact, I'm all for i=
t,
lights are costly, and the film is cheap insurance.