bent valves

--part1_a0.2b558594.2a8aecbf_boundary

       Thats right I'm an IDIOT and apparently don't know what I'm doing.  I
found TDC by looking at marks on flywheel and tranny and lined up all marks
on the cams.  When I tightened the tensioner the cam moved maybe 1/8" .  I
find it hard to believe thats what did it.
       Anyway I guess its time to get the head rebuilt.  Does anyone know of
a reputable shop or someone who can do the job in the CT area.  Also
wondering about the advantages (if any) to buying a head from a tuner like
Autotech.  I know they have a big valve head for the 16v.
       I had never done any engine internal work before.  Thi is an expensive
lesson but I guess this is how you learn.

send any and as much input as possible

Shamus

--part1_a0.2b558594.2a8aecbf_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>  &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Thats right I'm an IDIOT and apparently don't know what I'm doing. &nbsp;I found TDC by looking at marks on flywheel and tranny and lined up all marks on the cams. &nbsp;When I tightened the tensioner the cam moved maybe 1/8" . &nbsp;I find it hard to believe thats what did it.
<BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Anyway I guess its time to get the head rebuilt. &nbsp;Does anyone know of a reputable shop or someone who can do the job in the CT area. &nbsp;Also wondering about the advantages (if any) to buying a head from a tuner like Autotech. &nbsp;I know they have a big valve head for the 16v.
<BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I had never done any engine internal work before. &nbsp;Thi is an expensive lesson but I guess this is how you learn.
<BR>
<BR>send any and as much input as possible
<BR>
<BR>Shamus &nbsp;
<BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></HTML>

--part1_a0.2b558594.2a8aecbf_boundary--