Rattle Question

Curtis Schofield wrote:

<snip>
> And now for the Mandatory Scirocco Content:
>
> I've noticed a new rattle in the front end since i replaced the front
> engine
> mount.
>
> It happens sometimes when i go over a bump.. it sounds like a vibration
> against
> the frame. My only clue is that when i tap the brakes it goes away.
>
> Everything seems to be pretty tight under the car.
>
> Is there anything that i could have damaged when i used a jack to raise
> the transmission so i could replace the front transmission mount?

Sounds very much like the brake caliper bushings are shot. They are easy
to obtain, I could get some ATE (proper) ones from Potter, or pop over
to the FLAPS and pick up some of the similar but lesser quality units
from Raybestos (sp?).

They are rubber type sleeves the brake caliper bolts slide through.

OTOH, it might be some thing else altogether.

btw- if your just moving the motor a bit via jack, should be OK, not the
same as lifting the whole car via motor mounts.

TBerk