[Re: CV joint bolt removal (stripped head)]

Brett, I can just see that crazed look in your eyes as you say that...

Brett Van Sprewenburg <brett@netacc.net> wrote:

One of my new favorites:  Air Chisel.  (yeeeeeeee haaaaaa!)

>sawsall!!!
>

>Josh Able
>

> > Visegripes!
> > John
> >
> > Jason Rinne wrote:
> >
> > > Hey All,
> > >
> > > I'm pulling an 8V motor and 4K tranny to sell and have come upon a =
bit
>of a
> > > snag. I've got everything disconnected except for one last bolt on =
the
>inner
> > > CVs that was already borderline from previous wrenching (I assume) =
and
>now
> > > the torque drive just can't get enough bite to loosen it. What are =
my
> > > options? Drilling it out is a bit difficult due to the angle and th=
>fact
> > > I'm on the shop floor with jackstands (makes getting any real muscl=
>into it
> > > virtually impossible).
> > >
> > > HELP! Don't want to blow the deal I've got goin on it because I can=
't
>shake
> > > it loose from the car.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Jason Rinne

 \/  '84 Scirocco (ITB racer 2B) | "Hot VW's, take two home. They're smal=
l"
\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.n=
et