wiring ?'s (euro light related)

There are many ways to look at the solution. I decided I would rather use
the signal from the factory harnesses from each side instead of running the
extra wire over to the passenger side. I also pulled power for all (4)
relays from the alternator. I used the Hella relays with the integrated fuse
($80 later..) which I no longer recommend. I just have had too much trouble
with them (or is it the 460 watts on High beam that is the problem?).

Good wire is another concern. The driver's side usually has a ton of
corrosion (possibly due to the proximity of leaky batteries and
antifreeze?). No reason to half-ass this job. If you don't have clean wire,
you'll need to run fresh wire.

Personally, I like to have my options with regard to lighting. There is a
possibility that something could happen to the driver side circuit and then
you would lose the use of all 4 lights. If you just pull signal from each
harness, you reduce the risk of suddenly being without light when you need
it most (been there, done that, bought the T-shirt; 80 mph in the middle of
the night between Tahoe and LA when my headlight switch took a dump. Very
exciting).

Good luck,
Diamond Dave
88 Scirocco **For Sale!**