wireing ?'s (eurolight related)

i was taught to use the drivers side harness to wire in the euroloights, and
to leave the pass side harness alone. every rocco i've seen with eurolights
is done the same way. my ? is why? i'm putting eurolights on my friends car,
and his drivers side harness is fried. i've cut off 5 inches of wire and
still don't have good wire to work with. can i use his pass side harness or
is it to weak or something? tia
   hit

So Sayeth The Hitman
'86 "psycho 16v" scirocco