8v still wont start

Not only should you double-check that you have the plug wires hooked up
correctly, but you should have someone ELSE check also.....

Larry

> well i put the ground on and no go. i went back to the old plug wires and
it will -almost- stay running. i put the ground on the bolt on the top right
of the valve cover.
> starts up fine, runs for about a second and then dies. giving the car gas
has no effect.

> the thing that bothers me is that i didnt DO anything other than unplug
the wires, and one plug on the coil, which i plugged back in.

> i was putting some pressure on the dist. to get the plug wires on (they
dont seem to fit well...), could it be that i screwed something up in there?