8V wont start (now i feel like part of the club)

That looks like the ground wire that goes from the coil to one of the
studs that hold on the valve cover.  The ends on mine were barely
holding on when I got my car.  I think a few too many tightenings makes
the end break.  Get a ground on there and you should start up right
away.