Up date :Re: What is "Excessive speed"?

<clip>
Trooper Harold Wittner, of the Fonda barracks, said it appeared that Houtz
traveled about 500 feet on the ground after he apparently lost control of
his convertible Corvette near Getman Road. He left the side of Stoner Trail
Road, crossed Hanson Drive and then struck a guide wire that parallels
Stoner Trail Road.

He then became airborne for another 168 feet. Before he landed he struck a
utility pole approximately 12 feet off the ground, causing the pole to snap,
and sheered off the tops of two pine trees.
<end clip>

I live 5 miles from the road, and... (Just out of curiosity mind you), I
went to the site. What a mess! Long strips of rubber where he tried to stop,
the pole and the trees are where they fell.
Not a good road, even for a Rocc! What a maroon.
I am thankful he didn't hit the house. The kids were home on vacation
playing in the yard at the time...

Julie