Tech How does the roof rain gutter come off?

Not easily...

They have a small notch in them on each end, inside that little piece that
looks like an add on. That groove inside it is designed to fit onto a pin
on the body, that is if you were installing them you would place the strip
offset about an inch towards the back of the car, press down on the front
and back and slide  the whole thing forward to engage, it's really not so
hard to do...

Removal is a pain for many reasons. Fist the sliding part can be avoided
during removal by just pooping the back one off with a flat blade
screwdriver. I have never damaged one doing this so it will still slide
back in place. The big problem is that he length of the strip is clipped
over metal runner that runs the length of the channel and in most cars I
have seen there is some goop, adhesive, to hold it in place. Now this trim
piece has a metal reinforcement in it so simply grabbing one end and
pealing it off won't work, although an option, isn't the best way to go
since the metal will bend and warp and you will never (almost never) get it
to lay flat in the channel without obvious waves.

No lets say you were able to remove them without damage the last thing I
want to mention is to handle them with the utmost care since if you were
able to get the off straight and didn't warp them the last thing you want
is to bend it while you care them. Grab from one end and let them hang down
or place them on something flat and carny that way I've removed about 5
sets and damaged 2 in the process so it's not fool proof. The set on my car
right now are straight and I have a spare set in perfect condition that I
keep strapped to a 2x4 and put in storage... both were successful removed
from other cars and I challenge anyone to find a bump in them.

-Hope that helps.
-Raffi