my car doesn't blow

--part1_16f.11773898.2a7ac9cd_boundary

In a message dated 8/1/2002 11:44:37 AM Eastern Standard Time,
calimus@techography.net writes:

<<<If I move the fan selector switch to 4 the blower fan stops.  Now I've
seen ppl talking about the opposite, but I haven't seen anyone talk
about this.  What could be wrong here?>>>>

Hi there William.  I have the same problem in my rocco.  This is what I have
figured out to be happening.  I can't be positive, just what I have seemed to
learn over the past few years.  Same problem as you, I thought it was the Fan
relay, so I went to the junkyard and put a new one in.  Problem solved for a
few days then the same thing. I managed to maneuver the relay in such a way
that it would finally let the fan run on the 4th speed.  After a trip of
about a half hour I smelt some plastic burning smell, I looked down to find
the fuse, and fuse holder for tha a/c fan completely melted and fused, and
A/C relay extremely hot.  Reapaired wireing and tried again watching the
relay get very hot agian.  So what I think is happening is for some reason
the fan motor is drawing too many amps causing the relay to stop the fan.
Remedy is probably a new blower fan.  I just don't use it on the 4th speed
and don't have the problem of it overheating.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6

--part1_16f.11773898.2a7ac9cd_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 8/1/2002 11:44:37 AM Eastern Standard Time, calimus@techography.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
&lt;&lt;&lt;If I move the fan selector switch to 4 the blower fan stops.&nbsp; Now I've<BR>
seen ppl talking about the opposite, but I haven't seen anyone talk<BR>
about this.&nbsp; What could be wrong here?&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
Hi there William.&nbsp; I have the same problem in my rocco.&nbsp; This is what I have figured out to be happening.&nbsp; I can't be positive, just what I have seemed to learn over the past few years.&nbsp; Same problem as you, I thought it was the Fan relay, so I went to the junkyard and put a new one in.&nbsp; Problem solved for a few days then the same thing. I managed to maneuver the relay in such a way that it would finally let the fan run on the 4th speed.&nbsp; After a trip of about a half hour I smelt some plastic burning smell, I looked down to find the fuse, and fuse holder for tha a/c fan completely melted and fused, and A/C relay extremely hot.&nbsp; Reapaired wireing and tried again watching the relay get very hot agian.&nbsp; So what I think is happening is for some reason the fan motor is drawing too many amps causing the relay to stop the fan.&nbsp; Remedy is probably a new blower fan.&nbsp; I just don't use it on the 4th speed and don't have the problem of it overheating.<BR>
<BR>
Brian 86 16v<BR>
98 Jetta GLX Vr6</FONT></HTML>

--part1_16f.11773898.2a7ac9cd_boundary--