oil preasure scare

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Anson Clement
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 9:32 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: oil preasure scare

It looks like the one mark whatshisnuts has on his black hood scoop 8v.
=A0
I got big problems. I started the rocco up for work this morning and the
oil preasure light stayed on for about 10 blinks, I shut the car off and
checked the level wich was fine. I then restarted the car and it stayed
on foir another five or six until I reved the motor, it blinked twice
more and then it quit. I drove to work without incident.=A0The oil
is=A020-50 wt. valvoline and=A0has about 2900 miles on it and the filter =
is
a bosch.
what say you to this?
=A0
anson clement 86 8v

It could be a bad oil pressure switch=85

The PPO of my =9288 16V had the main bearings replaced because the oil
light came on.

Then he sold it soon thereafter, because the oil light kept coming on.

The PO installed a new oil pressure switch, and it=92s been fine ever
since. The engine is now in my =9279 Scirocco.

I would install an oil pressure gauge, and check the oil pressure. Get a
dual sending unit so you can keep the idiot light.

Peter