25v off of a batery?

No way, no how can a normal garden variety car battery put out 25V.
Are conections at the meter correct (the red and black going to the
proper places, like DC Volts)?

Check another battery, one you know and trust.

Possibly you damaged your meter by pegging it or hooking it up
incorrectly in the past.

If those batteries are *really* putting out 25V then friend,
congratulations, you are going to get very rich (IF you con do that to
other batteries!)  :)

Ron