25v off of a batery?

So my wiring is getting close to a systems check and I have 3 batterys lying
around.  Don't ask me how....
Any way 2 of them read 25 volts from my nice digial meter and another reads
only 11v.  Im pretty sure I know how to use this thing.  When set to the 20v
"click" the 2 bats show the standard 1.  meaning off the scale so I bump it
up to the 200v scale and thats when they both show 25-26v  Whats up with
that.  Are they giving off H2 and about to busplode?!?!
Dont realy want to hook either of them up.

Ken
1979 Scirocco  "McFly"
16v conversion - Engine in, now the hard part
Electrical
VORTEX:  "Indiana Red"