i hate problems like this (clutch)

Yeah, perhaps a mechanic might figure something out. But sometimes they're
clueless too, and he just might say "right, you need a new tranny" even
though everything you say indicates that the tranny is fine.

Sorry to hear that you couldn=B9t find the source of the problem. I know how
frustrating that is, and it can really make you want to give up. But hang i=
there, be satisfied knowing that you put in a good effort at doing it
yourself.=20

Where about the country are you located? Maybe a lister local to you could
stop by and lend a second pair of eyes and hands. I'll do it myself if
you're close the the Bay Area, CA.

Keep us posted with the final fix for the problem. I'm _very_ interested in
finding out WTF this is.

Jonas