horizontal mono wiper...mkII gauges in mkI?

roccoforsale@hotmail.com writes:
<< Can anyone instruct me on how to make my wiper sit horizontally on my
 windshield? >>  Yes, I can.
 -Short version: Look in Bently Rabbit/Scirocco manual ('75/'79) in chpt. 5,
page 42, figure 7-18.
 -Long version: Remove nut and spring washer that secures wiper arm to shaft,
lift wiper arm from shaft so that it clears the splines when making
adjustment, reinstall wioer arm onto shaft ensuring that wiper blade sits
55mm/ 2 3/16" from just past (outside) middle of wiper to upper edge of
windshield seal (if it looks horizontal, it should be good), secure wiper arm
with spring washer and nut.
   Now, this is assuming the drive crank is in the right position whe the
motor is in
park.    : )

<<Also, can anyone tell me what needs to be done in order to get
 the 16v speedo and tac into my mkI 8v?  >>  No, I can't (only 'cause I
haven't tried it).

bronson@inwave.com writes:
<< Mark,
 You don't want to do that.  You REALLY don't wan to rice-ify your Roc......

  Umm, seeing as his car is a mk1, and except for a few years, the mk1 came
with a mono wiper, he's not REALLY rice-ifying his car, is he?

Carl
77rocco
89fox