G60 Turbo Proj. Probs...

> 1. Cooling Hoses - will i be able to use the hoses
> off a JH? if not, what
> should i do? start looking for a G60 parts car?

I haven't gotten this far yet myself, but I think all
the hoses would be the same, right? AFAIK, the only
differences between the G60 block and other 8v blocks
are internal.

> 2. Turbo Piping - where should i get piping from?
> Hector & Vic's Muffler and
> Exhaust shop? http://8vturbo.com for the bends and
> cut pipes myself?

Definitely don't have an answer for that yet. But I'm
interested in hearing some!

> 3. No G-Crapper - Not having the G-Crapper means i
> will need to do something
> about the serpentine belt that the G60 uses. should
> i think about using a
> pully, or getting a shorter belt?

There's a FAQ on Corrado-club.com that has a procedure
for removing your G60 and running N/A if it blows up.
Use that belt. Can't remember the specs right now, but
I got mine at Discount Auto. Works great.

> 4. Brakes - I have the brakes and calipers off a
> G60, and i want to know if
> i can put the 10.1" on the back of my 16v, and use
> the 11" ones on the
> front. I have 15" rims i will be using for
> clearance, what all will i need
> for moving the 10.1"s to the back? is it pretty much
> bolt up, or dont even
> try?

Well, first, 11" front brakes on an A1 are cool but
overkill. No problem really, but just so you know you
aren't going to get any meaningful increase in braking
performance over a good 10.1" setup (even on a track),
and you're adding a lot of unsprung/rotating mass.

Second, there is no way I know of to mount front
calipers on the rear. You'd have to have rotors custom
made, as well as brackets for the calipers, an
aftermarket master cylinder, a bias adjuster,
re-routed brake lines, and some sort of custom e-brake
setup. However, I'd definitely NOT recommend it
anyway. The rear brakes on these cars are used so
little that 10.1's might become an "on or off" affair.
Locking up rear wheels before the frontis bad for the
car in general. :) Besides, 9.4" rear brakes are far
more than adequate on an A1. Some people even say any
disc brake on an A1 is overkill, though I might not go
that far.

> 5. Thing i know i have over looked - What else
> should i be conserned about?
> what am i forgeting?

I tried real hard, but I couldn't establish a mind
meld with you. :)

Neal

=====
~Neal