MK1 Dual Outlet Downpipe ?'s

---------- Original Message -------------------------
---------
From: Night Shadow <soltwede@privateI.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:05:52 -0600 (MDT)

>Well, I'll tell ya, if you have to retain your CAT,
it is pretty much
>pointless to use an aftermarket downpipe.  The
stock downpipe is the same
>diameter as the outlet on the dual outlet manifold
and the inlet of the
>CAT.  You'd best be served getting a CAT back
exhaust if you have the dual
>outlet setup already.
>
>Eric

I'd get the cat-back exhaust as well, but the short
TT downpipe is good for 4-5hp, over the stock dual
downpipe/flex-pipe, and that's a noticible
difference.

I have to swap out my TT long downpipe for a TT
short downpipe with a cat, to pass Delaware
inspection.
I'm undecided, but if I swap the long downpipe back
in, I'll have an almost new short TT DP for sale.

Peter - Bear Delaware 19701
'79 Scirocco 16V, '83 GTI
'79, '81, '84=BD Scirocco
For Sale: '84 & '88 Scirocco rollers $400 each
<http://thescirocco.com>
Peloquin LSD *
<http://www.techtonicstuning.com>
<http://autotech.com>