Brakes

Hah! Here we go all over again!
> It's not that cross drilling isn't effective.  I believe that
> properly cross drilled rotors are better than slotted rotors.

Why, Brian? Why/how are they "better"? -better at what?

> Their effectivness comes into question because most street cars
> (under normal driving conditions) aren't likely to run their
> brakes hot enough to exceed the stock vented rotors, and
> therefore the cross drilled rotors become moot.

We can mostly take the truth in this statement for granted. The pertinent
question is really whether continuous braking performance is improved by
drilling or not. Does the test data reveal an improvement? -not that I've
ever seen. Reducing rotor surface area and then asking the remaining part of
the rotor to do more stopping work doesn't seem to live up to the hype.

Stock-sized drilled rotors are for looks. That's pretty much their sole
purpose and value.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut