Is 240 watt 1/4" electric die grinder ok for P&P?

Ya, that and the post from Shawn Meze gave me the confidence to try
P&Ping my head.  My machinist is letting me take it home at various
stages to do some work myself...  He suggested that I take it after
he's disassembled it, and removed the valve guides.  He said it was
easier to port and polish with them removed, and to "tear-drop" the
guides after installing them (after the p&p job).  Make sense?

Thanks!

Mark.