pulling engine without hoist?

I just "rented" one from the local Discount Auto
Parts. They let you borrow it for free. They pretty
much just treat it like you're purchasing it, and
expect that you'll be returning it. Thus, you have 7
days or so to bring it back, or you own it.

I don't have a truck, so I got a friend with an
Outback Sport wagon to bring it over to my house. When
I took it back, we realized we could disassemble it
pretty easily, and it fit into my Subaru coupe fine. A
hatchback should have no trouble at all...just bring a
couple of large crescent wrenches with you to
disassemble/reassemble in the parking lot. :)

Neal

--- fryer <alienj@bad-candy.com> wrote:
> is there an easy way to pull a 1.8 jh engine without
> using a hoist
> or a lift? or shoul i just bite it and rent one?
> chris fryer
> 85 8v scirocco wolfsburg (massive ongoing project)
> 87 vanagon syncro gl

=====
~Neal