headlight switch

well here we go,
i am having a really funny problem with my headlights,
last week a friend of everyones and me wired up and
relayed my euro lights, and were having some really
funny problems with the power comming from the stock
wiring.  so i was driving home last night and the
lights were working fine and i went to go turn on my
high beams and there was total darkness, they just
didnt work.  so that was ok i still had my low beams,
though maybe i just blew out the fuses for the high
beams.  so this morning i went out to check the fuses
and they were fine, so i turned on the headlights and
switched on the high beams and they worked!!  so i
thought i would switch back to low beams and it
worked.  all the relays were working propery.  tried
to put the highs back on and they didnt come on, what
does everyone think of this.  i am thinking headlights
switch, doesnt sound like it is making a good contact
what the high beams are switched to the on position.

thanks

breandan l mcilwain