High Speed Canards and when do they really become effective.

Julie-
  Two years ago, while on a run to Salt Lake, the 16V and I encountered
heavy snowfall that lasted the final four hours of the trip.  We were
running 80-85mph (I-15 stayed amazingly clear), and I was intrigued that
none of the snow was striking the windshield.  I could see it streaming
TOWARDS the windshield, but it would lift and flow up and over.  Never had
to use the wipers...at all.  When I arrived at friend's house, the high
beams had two inches of snow layered on them, but the windshield was
snow-free.
  "What superb aerodynamicists these VW engineers are!", I was thinking.

Larry  sandiego16V