[HELP!] The continuing saga of Daun's poor running '80 Scirocco

1. Pinch off or remove the big line to the booster - results?
[subliminal] sell the car to Ron, Daun [/sublminal]
2. Swap CPR if you haven't done it already
[subliminal] sell the car to Ron, Daun, very cheaply [/sublminal]
3. Have you checked FI flow? (remove, squirt into jar, etc.)
[subliminal]Ron is a wonderful guy and *should* have that car
[/sublminal]

G/L, and greets from TX where every car dealer has the same logo -
guess?

Ron

--- Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:
> In the never ending process of trying to get my '80 to run
> right...
>
> Current setup:
> 1.8 RD, electronic ignition, CIS basic. (No O2 sensor.  For
> those who might remember, I've swapped the correct fuel
> distributor back in that has no provisions for the
> frequency valve.)
>
> Typical behavior:
> Cold start, idle is extremely low - around 400-500 rpm.
> Revs ok but hesitates under load.  The hesitation decreases
> as the car warms up (but still remains) and the idle comes
> up to normal - about 900-950 rpm.  Bahaves somewhat like a
> vacuum leak but I've not been able to find any.  (Any
> thoughts on some 'not-so-common' vacuum leaks sources?
>
> Another peculiarity to this thing.  Brake usage causes the
> rpms to rise.  Pumping the brakes gets a good 300-500 rpm.
> Brake booster bad?  And since I suspect vacuum problems,
> could this have anything to do with the other poor running?
>
> TIA...

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.