Suggestions for getting mkII roc into a box truck...

It is well worth getting the tow dolly.   Consider the dolly your "shortcut"
as opposed to getting a trailer.

Even if you find a raised parking lot, etc to help with the loading, how are
you going to chain it down inside the truck?   You have to do something so
it won't move around....

$135 may seem like a lot right now, but it will save you hours of hassle and
give you peace of mind

John